How to prepare Natural Shimmer Lipstick: DIY
This is the season for making homemade gifts, at least at the house! Some days passed, I Had a mother’s night outside at my house and we made all kinds of homemade gifts like lotion bars, vapor rub lotion bars (recipe shortly!) and homemade lipstick.
It was so much fun to make our own customized flavors and the lipstick was the largest hit, colors, and aromas with natural ingredients like:
- Coconut oil
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Butter
- Mica Powders: Red, Bronze, Rose, and Pearl
- Essential Oils
We made tons of tubes of lipstick for cents each plus they will be stocking stuffers this year and wonderful gifts. I’m additionally packaging up some ingredients to give as Do it yourself lipstick kits and lip balm to friends and family.
Some natural products may take the time to get used to, like shampoo that is natural plus it might be rough to get the right concoction to your own hair, but home made lipstick is very customizable and functions better than the store bought right away.
They could be made by you & plastic lipstick tubes, or small plastic lip balm containers. Small glass jars additionally work should you would like to be sure it stays straight forward.
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt coconut oil, shea or hot chocolate butter and beeswax in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Mica Powder and essential oils of selection. Dunk the conclusion of a spoon to the mixture and let it harden for a number of seconds.
- Test the color and smell with your finger or on the skin of your wrist to make sure you enjoy it. Add more if desired.
- Use a pipette or glass dropper to quickly transfer the mixture to the lip gloss containers or whatever container you’re using.
- Let cool for just one hour. Cap and use as needed.