All About Fashion Designing
Fashion designing is one of the most popular as well as rewarding industries these days. Fashion keeps on changing so it needs great sense of creativity and attractive thought process.
In past, women take good limelight and impact amazingly with their fashion choices but now time has changed. Today not only women, men are equally participating to set trendy looks. They have no hesitation in experimenting with their outfits. Due to this higher attraction, this field inspires millions of people across the globe to build a career in this fashion designing field.
If you want to become a fashion designer you must understand that fashion designing is a skillful art that needs effective equation with fabrics, colors, cuts and designs. You must have the ability to experiment with styles and create the apparels that portray the time and demographics.
Types of Fashion Designing
Fashion is not only restricted with parties and award functions. It is everywhere, whether we go social parties or the official parties. But yes, it needs different dressing sense.
You need to dress differently as per the occasion and off course as per the fashion trends. Though it is a worldwide industry, but the major countries that are setting benchmark for this industry are Paris, New York, London and Milan. If we talk about the biggest manufacturers of clothing then India, China and Bangladesh established their place.
In fashion industry, Indonesia, Germany, Malaysia, Spain, South Korea, and Brazil are some other well-known clothing manufacturing countries.
Here is the list of different types of fashion designs
- British Fashion Design: London is well-known for its British fashion design which is an ideal blend of traditional styles with modern techniques. The unique yet amazing mix and match style (old with the new) of British fashion design is really bohemian aesthetic and that creates attraction towards it. Many of other fashion capitals are largely influenced by the fashion trends of Britain.
- German Fashion Design: In Germany, Berlin is considered as a main center of fashion. Elegant lines, unconventional young designs and huge variety of styles are the main points of attraction towards German Fashion.
- American Fashion Design: Most of the fashion houses are situated in New York. American fashion design reflects the athletic and health conscious lifestyle of urban city residents. It generally includes clean-cut, casual and urban style.
- Japanese Fashion Design: Tokyo holds most of the Japanese fashion houses. The complicated cutting, somber and subtle color trends, and rich textured fabrics are the main highlights of Japanese fashion design.
- French Fashion Design: Paris is the capital city of French fashion, holding most of the fashion houses. French fashion is globally appreciated as it portrays sophistication. Elegant and stylish cut with smart accessories is a most important point of French fashion acclamation.
- Belgian Fashion Design: Belgian Fashion created a new fashion image that is highly modified. This new fashion trend is a mixture of East and West.
- Italian Fashion Design: Milan and Florence are the fashion capitals of Italy. Italian fashion designs reflect casual yet glamorous elegance.
- Swiss Fashion Design: The Swish fashion design is highly influenced by the dance club scenes. Swiss fashion shows casual, elegant and luxurious style with trivial touch of quirkiness.
- Chinese Fashion Design: Chinese fashion came in light with the modern twist of using bright colors.
- Soviet Fashion Design: Soviet fashion shows the trends of Western world. The designers use great designs and colors that are highly applauded all around the world.
Types Of Fashion Designs In Apparel
Apparel is one of the most familiar forms of fashion designing. It is another word for clothing. Some people follow trend strictly and prefer to wear as per the trend. But before following trend, you must be aware about the ancient and traditional fashion designs. So here are some primitive types of apparel:
- Haute Couture: ‘Haute Couture’ is a French term that implies high fashion,generally designed for rich peoples. It includes high quality of fabrics and expensive accessories. It is custom apparel designed for an individual customer. Designers exhibit their exclusive designs to the Paris press in every season. They show their work that usually includes daytime and evening wear, at two runways with models. Houte Couture is high-end fashion and expensive as well, made by hand with exact measurements.
- Pret- a- Porter: This is another apparel design. It is also a French term implying ready-to-wear. This type of fashion design is generally a most demanding and popular choice for the people. It is basically designed in standard sizes with quality fabrics that can made in factories. Designers generally exhibit their work in annual shows that totally depends on the coming year’s trends and styles.
- Mass Market Fashion: Mass market fashion is most trend setting fashion, creating new styles for the general population. Due to the high competitive market, fashion industry is focusing on mass market sales. It follows prevailing fashion trends of the society and produce as per the market demands. Mass market apparel is an ideal option for the beginners or new designers.
Types of Fashion Designing Courses In India
There are so many different types of fashion designing courses in India, including diploma, BSc., Post Graduate, Undergraduate & PG Diploma courses. Though there are many top fashion designing colleges in India, from where aspirants can do their desired course as per their preferences but we need to do good research before applying in any college.
If you want to learn only the basics of fashion designing then you can apply for short-term courses. The duration of these courses is from three months to one year so you can apply for any of them as per your area of interest. Some best fashion designing institutes in India are as follows:
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology
- National Institute of Fashion Technology
Fashion Designing Courses By JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
Short Term Course:
- Diploma in Fashion Styling – 3 Month
- Diploma in Visual Merchandising – 6 Months
- Diploma in Fashion Design 1 Year
- Diploma in Fashion Business Management – 1 Year
- Diploma in Fashion and Lifestyle Entrepreneurship
- Undergraduate Diploma in Fashion Design – 3 Years
- PG Diploma in Fashion Design and Management – 2 Years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Design – 2 Years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Communication – 2 Years
So whether you want to do short-term, undergraduate or postgraduate course of fashion designing, make sure to do any of these courses from the reputed institute or college like JD Institute of Fashion Technology so that you will be at the right track of your career path.